This is the first in a sub-series of episodes that explore specific horror tropes in detail — Tropisode #1: Vampires. We plan to do one of these episodes about once a quarter. We talk about vampires with a vampire expert, Natalie Ferrigno, who also happens to be a fellow UCR Palm Desert alumna. In addition to talking about vampires (where they've been, where they are, where they're going) we also discuss in greater detail David Busboom's new novella Nightbird from Unnerving.
Natalie Ferrigno is a horror writer, gothic fusion bellydancer, and creator of the forthcoming Atrophy Zine. You can find her and follow her creative endeavors at the handle @eris_atrophy on both Twitter and Instagram. Stay tuned for more news regarding the Indie GoGo for her zine!
- Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
- The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice
- The Vampyre by John William Pollidori
- Carmilla by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
- The Chupacabra
- Baobhan Sith of Scotland
- Lore Podcast episode 19 "Bite Marks"
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson
- The Passage trilogy by Justin Cronin
- The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer
- Cemetery Confessions podcast episode 46 "The Rise of Happy Gothic" featuring Natalie Ferrigno
- What We Do in the Shadows
- True Blood, The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris
- The Hunger (1983)
- The Strain
- In the Valley of the Sun by Andy Davidson
- Nightbird by David Busboom discussion